more handspun!

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:58 p.m.
This yarn was spun up using two FA Merino Sliver roving braids - one yellow, and one green. I spun each up and then plied them together. I like the look, but am not crazy about the colour. 
DSC_2741.jpg
I am finding more time to spin now that school is over, yay!
DSC_2740.jpg
In other news, I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It started out pretty slow, and then the middle was pretty good, then it ended equally slow. In some parts, they didn't think of ways to make it interesting, and just copied the original dialog, adding in mentions of zombies every once and awhile. A good read though, especially if you're a fan of the original, and have a sense of humour. 
I am now reading The Time Travelers Wife, as recommended by my sister. It's good so far. I need more book recommendation though, people! otherwise, I fall into the reading fan-fiction trap, as it's too easy. 
Tomorrow is my last day off until, possibly, August. I am going to the Photographica Fair!
I plan to buy many, many old photographs, and hopefully a new flash. 

3 comments

  1. Emma Says:

    I quite like the colour of the handspun, though in the pictures it looks more like yellow and a pale grey colour than yellow and green.

    What sorts of things do you like to read (besides candy-lit like Twilight)? I might have a few suggestions, I willingly spend about half my life behind a book. Though my recommendation might be "go re-read all of Harry Potter right now" because that's what I'm doing.

  2. sarah Says:

    Yeah, the handspun looks way less green then the roving did... weird.
    I like to read pretty much anything that isn't too fantasy/mystery/horror
    contemporary is usually preferred to historical, but not necessarily. Basically, I'll read anything.

  3. Unknown Says:

    Pretty yarn!!!

    I have just read "A Thousand Spledid Suns" and "The book of Negroes" both of which are excellent books. I enjoyed the Thirtheeth Title" but I was in the minority of my book club.

    Currently giving my head a break with a "Confessions of a Salsa Goddess". Then I am following up with "A Dirty Job" by one of my favorite authors.

    Jean-Anne