End of the term.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 9:42 p.m.
So. It's April. April means lots of nice things. Spring, Easter, Doctor Who. But unfortunately, in my world it means OMFG THESIS PRESENTATIONS ARE TWO WEEKS AWAY!
Our teacher keeps telling us that these aren't Thesis Defense's, and they're not big presentations. They're ten minute "progress reports" (followed by fifteen minutes of questions). That's not that bad, except they're in front of the WHOLE FACULTY both Toronto, and Rochester, and there's some real critical prof's in that bunch. I'm terrified.
They're the 19th and 20th of April. Then we've got a month to write our first drafts. Ironically, that doesn't seem so hard compared to these presentations. I don't even hate presentations, we had to do, like ten last year, and I got used to it. It's just this one. It's so intimidating.

Anyways. That's what I'm doing. Knitting has come to almost a standstill. I'm working on a stockinette curtain for my sister out of Noro Laceweight. That's all I can handle.

In other news: here's my recently overdyed and buttons-sewn-on Moch Cardi.

365-268: Moch Cardi

Moch Cardi

The dying isn't perfect. There are blotchy areas on one arm, and on the back, but I don't think it's very noticable. So meh. I like it. Also, I love the buttons. They're not the ones I originally planned to use, but these are also vintage, larger, and shinier, from Courage My Love.

Here are some photos:
This is my life lately, working on the massive ad database I'm making

365-280: Thesis research.

This is what spring looks like in Rochester. It's pretty nice.

365-282: Spring!

Today we went on a tour of the nitrate film vault.

Photo-geekery: Nitrate Vault tour.

We saw some awesome stuff, like original camera negatives for The Wizard of Oz:

Photo-geekery: Nitrate Vault tour.

And screen tests for Gone With the Wind:

Photo-geekery: Nitrate Vault tour.

It was pretty fun. Nitrate film is really flammable, so it needs very special storage conditions, away from residential areas.

Well, that's about all I got for you all right now. This knitting blog is sadly going to be missing knitting content for the next month. Oh well.




0 comments